How to remove gel polish without damaging your nails.

Tags

09-05-24 12:27 

I have a question: how to remove gel polish correctly without damaging your nails? I've always heard that you can't just rip it off, but sometimes it's hard to resist, especially when it starts to peel off. Once, after such "removal", my nails became very thin and brittle. Now I'm afraid to repeat the mistake, but I don't know which method is best for safe removal. How do you remove gel polish, and what products do you use for this?

Reply To This Message - Send a private message

09-05-24 22:36 RE: How to remove gel polish without damaging your nails.

Yes, I used to peel off gel polish too, and it was a big mistake. Now I always do it right and can share my experience. Firstly, you should never tear off the polish by force – this is a direct path to damaging the nail plate, as you have already noticed. The best way is to use a special liquid for removing gel polish with acetone. Here's what I do: first, I carefully file off the top layer of the top coat with a file so that the solution penetrates better. Then I wet cotton pads with this liquid, apply them to the nails and wrap them in foil. Usually 10-15 minutes is enough for the polish to start dissolving. After that, you need to carefully remove the remains with an orange stick or a pusher. It is important not to press too hard if the polish has not come off completely – it is better to keep it in foil for a little longer. By the way, DNKa nail polish has good liquids for removing, you can try them – they are gentle on the nails and help to avoid overdrying. When everything is removed, I apply cuticle oil and nourishing cream. This helps to restore nails after removal and keep them healthy.

09-06-24 08:24 RE: How to remove gel polish without damaging your nails.

I also always use foil and cotton pads with acetone. You can also lubricate the skin around the nails with oil before the procedure so that the acetone does not dry it out. This helps keep the cuticle in order.

You must identify yourself to post in this forum

Login: Password :

New on Cinemasie? Register here