My shaft is vibrating, help me

Tags

06-12-24 16:11 

Hey, everyone. Please help with an issue. My shaft is vibrating strongly even without material. I can't find the heavy spot. I tried spinning the drum so that it stopped with the heavy spot down and added a weight on top. After this, the drum no longer stops with the heavy spot down, the vibration got slightly better, but it's still there.

Reply To This Message - Send a private message

06-12-24 16:40 RE: My shaft is vibrating, help me

It sounds like you're dealing with an imbalance issue in your drum. Here are a few steps you can follow to further diagnose and correct the problem: First, ensure that the shaft and drum are properly aligned, as misalignment can cause significant vibration. It might be helpful to use a laser alignment tool or a straight edge to check for proper alignment. Also, inspect the bearings for any signs of wear or damage, as worn or damaged bearings can contribute to vibrations. If you find any issues, replace the bearings. For rebalancing the drum, start by marking the heavy spot when the drum stops spinning. This should be the point at the bottom. Instead of adding weight directly on top of this heavy spot, try adding a counterweight on the opposite side of the drum to help balance the weight distribution. Make small adjustments to the weight and test the drum's balance each time, as it may take several attempts to achieve optimal balance. Additionally, if possible, using a dynamic balancing tool or taking the drum to a professional service that offers this can provide a more precise assessment and correction of the imbalance.

06-12-24 17:12 RE: My shaft is vibrating, help me

Recently, I did drive shaft balancing https://vibromera.eu/example/rotors/drive-shaft-balancing/ on my truck using the Balanset without even removing it. At first, I just clamped the weights on temporarily and wasn't sure if it would work. However, once the vibration stopped, I welded them in place. Overall, it's an excellent device—affordable, effective, and it performs its tasks flawlessly.

You must identify yourself to post in this forum

Login: Password :

New on Cinemasie? Register here